For the Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 mug cut fresh dill, stems removed
- 1¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
Salt, if needed
For the Grilled Chicken:
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground green cardamom
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tool dimension red onion, sliced
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- First make the dill Greek yogurt sauce. Integrate the minced garlic, fresh dill, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice as well as chili pepper in a food mill. Run the food cpu up until all the components are well blended and also a smooth thick sauce or dip establishes. Examination as well as include salt if required. Transfer to a small bowl or container, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of one hr or up until prepared to use.
- In a tiny bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and also 3 tbsp olive oil. Rub the chicken upper legs dry as well as massage each with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced poultry upper legs in a large tray on a bed of sliced up red onions with lemon juice as well as the staying 2 tbsp olive oil. Cover and also refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, heat a gas grill to medium-high. Location the poultry thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes, after that turn the chicken over and also grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
- Serve with a side of the dill Greek yogurt dip you prepared earlier!
- To full this light dish, include Greek potatoesor pita bread and also a salad like Fattoush Salad.
– The dill Greek yogurt sauce will certainly keep well over night, yet you might have to discard any additional wetness that appears on the top. Give it a quick stir prior to serving.
– To make sure the poultry is done, your thermometer, checking the thickest component of the chicken, ought to sign up 165 degrees F.
– You can make use of chicken breasts if you like, change the cooking time accordingly.