For the dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 or 2 huge cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- juice of one lemon
- salt and also pepper to preference (I began with 1/4 tsp salt)
- a handful of parsley leaves
For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 mug cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup sliced natural herbs of selection (see notes)
- Parmesan cheese for offering (optional)
- Puree the dressing ingredients in a food cpu until smooth. Shop in fridge up until prepared to use.
- Cook the quinoa baseding on package directions. When completed cooking, chill in the fridge or freezer. The texture of the salad is better when the quinoa is amazing and also crumbles a bit a lot more effortlessly (rather than warm and also sticky).
- Shred the lettuce into long, slices (or to whatever texture you like). Cut the carrots right into a few large chunks and also dice them in the food cpu with 3-5 rhythms. Shake the tomatoes, carrots, and also chopped herbs with each other. Toss the cooled down quinoa with the dressing, include the carrots, tomatoes, as well as herb blend. When ready to offer, toss with the lettuce.
For my natural herbs, I did 1/4 cup each of basil, parsley, as well as environment-friendly onions (plus a little lemon thyme! yum).