Surprise your Mum with this delicious fresh fruit as well as delicious chocolate chip granola morning meal this Mother’s Day!
- Chocolate Chip Granola:
- 150g / 2 cups rolled oats
- 50g/ 1/2 cup mixed nuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 tablespoon goji berries or other dried fruit
- Fresh Fruit Salad:
- A choice of fresh fruit. I required:
- 1 kiwi
- 4 strawberries
- 10 blackberries
- 10 blueberries
- ½ mango
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Honey Lime Dressing:
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of ½ lime
- Chocolate Chip Granola: To begin with, make your granola. Preheat the stove to 170c/ 340f. Line a baking cover with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, smashed nuts, desiccated coconut as well as sunflower seeds with each other in a bowl. In the microwave melt the coconut oil then mix in the honey and also vanilla essence. Pour this combination into the dry ingredients and also mix till it has all combined.
- Spread the granola onto the parchment on the baking tray and also weigh down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the stove for 20-30 minutes until the granola is gold brown and also beginning to crisp. Mix as well as throw the granola 2 or 3 times during food preparation to make certain that everything cooks evenly.
- Remove from the oven and also placed apart to cool down. Once the granola has actually cooled add the chocolate chips as well as goji berries or other dried out fruit. The granola can be saved in a closed container for up to 2 weeks.
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Slice up the fresh fruit as well as make the dressing by blending the honey and lime juice together.
- Serve the fruit salad as well as granola in a dish and drizzle the honey lime dressing on top.